Homeschooling Thoughts

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Well, Jonathan and I have pretty much decided that we are going to homeschool. I am not sure how long we will do it for, at least for the elementary years we think. We want to draw a fine line. We don't want our children to be too sheltered, but at the same time we want them to have a strong foundation in their faith and in their identities. On that note, I was looking for curriculum for the coming fall. I am in love with A Beka curriculum, how can I not be? It is what I grew up with! I looked at countless other products and none of them are as bright and interesting and high quality as the A Beka books. That being said, A Beka is nearly double the price over most other curriculums and they don't ship to me. So, I ended up purchasing materials from my good friends at Rainbow Resources. I LOVE Rainbow Resources. They are so nice and their prices are pretty much unbeatable. They have an awesome selection of not only homeschool books but also supplies, calendars, etc. and I was able to find everything I needed and more for half the price. I know my kids are a little bit young, but I can't wait to jump the bandwagon. I am an all or nothing person and am so excited to get started on the new school year.

Selah will mostly be coloring pictures and maybe participating in the stories. But Caleb is ready. He is starting to recognize his shapes, letters and numbers, and it will do him no harm to hone this skill. I love school. I love fall. I love schedules and the crisp mornings and the bright colors... the smell of fresh paper the feel of newness and possibility. Fall is my favourite season and I can't wait to share it with my children this year! Bring on September!

1 comment

  1. Hi there! I'm your newest follower from iFellowship!

    Congrats on your decision to homeschool! I will be praying for you to have a successful year!

    If you get a chance, come see me too over at Living Above Ministries!

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete