A Mother's Musings

Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm feeling a feeling and I don't know why
I can't decide if I would rather eat or clean or cry
I have a list of things to do, it's getting rather long
But my interests are divided and my motivation gone

I dabble once in everything without one thing completing
And what the heck is wrong with me? I simply can't stop eating!
After pumping out a child, I thought I would be smaller
But somehow now I weigh myself and I just want to holler!

I watch a show or read a book and feel myself inspired
But is it worth the trouble when I just feel so darn tired?
It sounds like I do nothing and that really isn't true
In fact I clean and work all day, it seems like all I do

And so I'll stop complaining, for it isn't all that bad
I'd rather live in constant mess than be a mom that's mad
I'll bite my lip and hold my tongue and with my children play
For life's too short to dwell upon the hopes of yesterday!

3 comments

  1. thanks! I voted for your bisquick mix by the way. Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done!! I love the new look of your blog - or is it a new blog? And you're a writer on Suite 101. There's no stopping her now!!

    ReplyDelete