Good morning!

Friday, August 14, 2009


I woke up this morning with what I will deem a "ride hangover". I feel dizzy, nauseous, and have a headache all from going on the darned octopus at the fair last night. My kids both received a panel of immunizations yesterday and have been whiny, and today I get to babysit Hannah (this would be my five-year-old sister for those of you who do not know her). Sigh. The coffee I am downing with increased desperation seems to have no effect upon my lack of patience and feeling of falling over. And so it is that I find myself in a state of melancholy. One which I have no particular urge to withdraw from. It is a windy, relatively cold day out and my body screams at me to hop in the bath with a good book. Mmmmmmm. If only I had one.

Needless to say, this has the beginnings of another "one of those days". They seem to be a much more common occurence lately. Monotonous, long, boring days in which I clean and look after my children and wish I was instead at the spa after a long day of shopping. :) Is that really so much to ask for? A day to myself? With about $1,000 in the bank at my disposal? Hmmm, perhaps not.

I always have things I 'could' be doing... all of which I come up with a million excuses not to. You know, the organizing that needs to be done, going through the lingering boxes that I have tried to pretend don't exist. Laundry is always an option I suppose. Curtains need sewing, but then I would have to make a mess and really I can't do that when the kids are awake. So I tidy, and eat, and play with the kids, and eat some more, and tidy the kitchen, and eat some more. Hmmmm. I think the scale is in the garbage from the last time I weighed in. Maybe I should do some yoga or something...

And so, my friends, if you have been wondering what has been going on in the lives of the Spooners of late, wonder no more. Are we settled? Completely. Are we into routine? If the monotony is setting in, than who could doubt it? Life goes on. And if you are wondering what has been happening with my little terrors of late... stay tuned for a creative "interlude" soon to come! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment