Experience God Curriculum Review 1

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Hello again from the land of homeschooling! I have been really enjoying my new mother goose time curriculum, but I thought I would share this week about their add on program, "Experiencing God".

This is a Christian program that can be used either as an add-on to the mother goose time, it has a schedule for how to incorporate this directly with your daily routine. OR you could use this as a complete Sunday school program. It comes with 4 crafts in the bag, enough to do one per sunday school week as well as an interactive Bible story, and activity ideas.

The teacher resource kit for the month is $15 and then the student packs are $5/student. So if you had a sunday school class of 10 children, it would be $50 for 10 student packs and then $15 for your teacher pack. For my homeschool classroom it would be $15 for my kit and then with four kids (NO way my older kids won't want in on this, they are addicted to mother goose time) it would be $35/month.

Let's start with the story. This month it is about Adam and Eve. The story came with 7 bright story picture cards with the reading printed on the backside of the cards. What sets this program apart is that it is so hands on. While you read, you get the kids to do various actions. I have NEVER had my kids (6/7 year olds included) listen so intently to a story. It is amazing what "put your finger to your nose, crawl around like an animal, wave your right hand" etc. does for a kid. Just when they are starting to lose interest, the story throws in an action and BAM! They're glued to the page again waiting for their next clue. It is awesome. I don't know why I haven't thought of this before. I have had such a hard time with bible in the past, just holding the kids attention.

Moving along, we started with the first weeks craft, which was making Herb the Turtle. The littles had so much fun with the craft. Then to top it all off they went outside and got some dirt and then got to plant the seeds it came with to make their own "garden". It was such a cool activity and full of questions to ask the kids and ideas of where you could take the lesson. I was so impressed. It took us about 20 minutes for the story and the craft.

On to the picture portion of the review. My favorite part. Here is a closeup of my teachers guide for the craft:

 
Please note that this is only the craft portion of my teacher guide, in the lesson portion there are a ton of activities and questions that I could do with the kids as well.
 
And just so you can see our botched attempt (we did it upside down ;)


 

 
Both the littles were so into this craft. They were so excited. They got to paint! I never bring out the paint because it is just a mess, but honestly they did so well and had so much fun. And all I had to provide was the glue!

Have I mentioned I love this program? ;)

You can find more information at: http://www.mothergoosetime.com/christian-program/
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment