My First Day off!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Well, I left both of my babies with Jonathan and trecked off to k-town on my own. I thought it would be hard for me to leave them, but it really wasn't. I enjoyed EVERY MINUTE of the day. I didn't really do anything. I mean, I shopped, went to the dentist and chiropractor, etc. But all without the expectation of having to be somewhere or do something or being out of time. No pressure. I have never had that before. Either my kids are pressuring me by screaming bloody murder, or my husband is pressuring me by being annoyed I want to look in yet another store, or time is pressuring me as we have to be somewhere pronto. This time the only one putting on the pressure was me, and it was heavenly. What a wonderful mother's day gift. I will be eternally excited about this holiday is every year promises to be as relaxing and enjoyable and this!

The big news? We move in two weeks from today! I can't believe it. I have my house to organize. Thank God that we have packers coming, but it would be horribly embarressing if they had to pack my house as it is now, a collossal disaster! Oy vey. The worst part is that I have NO desire to do anything. I am even starting to think that the embarresment would be worth it for me to not have to do anything. But I guess then it will make more work when things are packed in a disorganized fashion. Hopefully it all works out, and by that I mean hopefully I get my bum moving and clean. Sigh.

Other than that it is life as usual at the Spooners. The laundry is piled high, the kids are in need of a bath, Caleb continues to terrify his little sister, and I continue to shake my head in wonder of this chaos that is my life. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment